Address: XingMei Rd 485, Shanghai, China, No.485 Xingmei Road, Minhang District, Shanghai
It consists of the following 3 components:
Image acquisition system
3. Data display, storage, analysis hardware / software
The PsychoFish system has the following features:
1. Exquisite design, easy to install and disassemble;
2. 126 * 50 * 125cm aluminum frame constitutes the base of the mechanical unit, which has high stability;
3. A maximum of 4 10 * 20 * 5cm zebrafish ponds can be placed on the base at the same time for experiments;
4. The surface of the pedestal is made of milky glass, which guarantees a uniform light distribution in the fish pond above it;
5. Provide two different lighting methods: white background lighting below and pull-down lighting above to meet different experimental needs;
6. The image collector includes front and rear dual cameras, which are placed on the aluminum horizontal rod of the mechanical unit to provide a full range of image acquisition;
7. KOMI image analysis program can analyze the collected images from the aspects of group cohesion and exercise intensity, which is efficient and convenient.
Data processing and analysis
(1) Analysis of cohesion of zebrafish population
When observing cohesion in a group, many factors need to be considered, including space requirements, water depth, number of individuals or group size. PsychoFish recommends testing in water with a depth of 2 cm. During the test, the front and rear cameras located on the horizontal bar of the mechanical unit can record the movement of each zebrafish individual, take a series of pictures, and then analyze them through the KOMI program. Parameters such as picture shooting, fish pond size and number can be set through the software panel.
During the video acquisition process, the software uses graphics and numerical calculations to automatically analyze the acquired images to obtain a variety of zebrafish swarm behavioral data. The software identifies the zebrafish individuals in the image and marks them with a white cross. All zebrafish individuals presented on the screen can form a region polygon. The polygon area and the zebrafish individual spacing can be used to reflect the cohesiveness of the fish population.
During software analysis, the following calculation data can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet:
The area of the polygon The longest diagonal length The coordinates of the center of gravity (relative to the midpoint of the experimental area)
The distance from the center of gravity to the reference point The distance between individuals: including the nearest distance, the longest distance, the average distance The average distance between fish pairs
(2) Analysis of individual sports ability and trend
The individual exercise ability test recommends a depth of 2cm and a maximum of four fish ponds be tested simultaneously. During the test, the camera on the mechanical unit can record the movement of each zebrafish individual, and save a series of pictures, and obtain its movement ability and trend data through the identification and analysis of the pictures. Parameters such as picture shooting, fish pond size and number can be set through the software panel.
During the video acquisition process, the software uses graphics and numerical calculations to automatically analyze the acquired images to obtain a variety of zebrafish swarm behavioral data. The software identifies individual zebrafish in the image and marks them with a colored cross. The marked zebrafish individuals and their trajectories are presented in the analysis window. At the same time, all zebrafish speeds and distances are calculated and exported to an Excel spreadsheet.
Would you like to know more details?
Please contact us:
TEL: 021-35183767, 18502129044